C, thank you for your message.  I don't think I fell foul of the CoC.  I
don't have any problem to stand by any word I said, although I will
gladly admit that Jonathan's behaviour infuriated me. And no, I don't
think I opened any of the tasks unnecessarily.  Unfortunately, it seems
that these days people are more concerned with closing tasks and tickets
(numbers) instead of gathering information, understanding a problem
properly (yes, knowledge is more than a hunch, I even agree with that
hunch and said so several times).

I'll just close all tasks as invalid.  It looks like people are happier
that way (there's more than just the comments documented here).  Timo
seems to be the notable acception.  I thank you sincerely for your good
efforts here.  I don't feel like helping to fix this in Ubuntu anymore.
I'm sure I can fix it for me personally and if not, I'll just have to
live with it.

Congratulations people, you've reached your goal.  Ticket closed.

** Changed in: xxdiff (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: fslint (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libx11 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libxext (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qgit (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

--
screen corruption
which is subscribed to libx11 in ubuntu.