Same problem here.

Also noticed that it seem to affect everything horizontally to the problem
area, when it is happening.
When the windows is moved or re sized in any way the problem goes away for a
short while.

I have a Fujitsu N751 Laptop running Ubuntu 11.04.
Is also happening on my desktop "intel DP67DE motherboard with I7-2600k cpu
with Nvidia 7900 graphics".

Quite a few clients are also complaining about this problem.
I never noticed a problem like this in any previous Ubuntu version since Ubuntu
8.04

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  mouse pointer accuracy problem in unity