I've uploaded the above fix to oneiric.

If you'd like to see this fix backported to natty, I'll need you to test
the patch to ensure it does indeed solve the issue for you.  I've
prepared a PPA with this fix staged, for your testing convenience:

  https://launchpad.net/~bryce/+archive/ita-palm

It may take a couple hours for the build to go through.  Once the .deb
is available, install, restart your X session (or just reboot) and try
to reproduce the bug.  It should not reproduce.  if it does please set
the Status back to Confirmed.  If it doesn't, let me know if you think
the fix should be included in natty.

** Also affects: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu Natty)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Rotation while composite enabled results in garbage on smaller of 2
  displays