On my x220, I would agree that Timo's kernel is at least as good as any
of the others I've tried (Martin's, 3.0.1.2 from oneiric).  Suspend and
resume works.  Trying to enable both monitors leaves large black areas
that are not drawn into, but I think that might be a unity problem.

The summary of this bug seems to no longer reflect what is being
discussed (arrandale vs sandy bridge, desktop vs external) -- is it
really the same problem?

  [arrandale] desktop is messed up (goes black) when laptop is docked
  with two external 1920x1200 monitors (x86_64)