I noticed that when i switch from a virtual terminal (tty1/2..) to my "locked"
X session, nothing is refreshed at all and i still see my tty session (instead
of this "black screen" i described) excepted for my X mouse cursor, which i see
and still change if i blindly unlock my session and move it though the screen.
Might it help resolving this annoying issue (as i have to kill my X session
each morning :-/).

  [q45] unlocking screensaver - after a long period of time graphics
  might not be updated any more