@ William Chambers,

no it doesn't seem so. And what I discovered by testing LMDE again
yesterday: LMDE suffers the same bug und also other
distributions....This guys at nvidia really need to be pushed into this
work!! they broke it, so they've got to fix this!!! Even the new driver
on their page is only for 32bit-versions and not for 64bit-versions!!
And this is disgusting as 32bit-versions are not working on my
machine!!!

So I would appreciate, if another developer would take over and fix
this. This is a big severe bug, as hundreds of user claim that this
driver is no longer working and my grphiccard seems to be at a near
meltdown in the meantime.

So please guys: could you take over and fix this?? I would be really
thankful.

Greetings
Linuxexperte

which is subscribed to the bug report.

  nvidia drivers activated but not in use on natty 11.04