Since today kernel update (to 2.6.38-11), I experience many segmentation fault
problems in my X server which led to a crash in X server and a reboot to the
gdm login screen in Ubuntu Natty 11.04 (on a Acer Aspire 6930G with nVidia
GeForce 9600M GS).
I experienced these behaviour if I run the proprietary driver nvidia 173 or the
latest available one (280.13).

So far, I encountered three programs which led to the X server crash
(Virtualbox, Choqok, and CCP4 (a specialized suite of programs written
in TCL/TK)).  They were all running smoothly before this fatal update.

You'll find attached the /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old produced after noticing
this bug.

Thank you for taking care of this issue.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

--
Multiple X server segmentation faults after upgrade to kernel 2.6.38-11
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/831486