I also reported a pretty much duplicate issue with this in #836349 ...
looks like this has been ongoing for a while and is stuck on kernel API
call changes... I was trying to upgrade to Ubuntu's kernel 2.6.38-10
(really need 2.6.39 as that is known to have USB 3.0 **HUB** support
38-10 might have backported that but I don't know).. I guess the only
way to go is to skip to something not LTS that might have a newer / new
enough kernel. YES the current kernel I have has xHCI support, and my
two hard drives plug in and work (fast) but can't add a third USB 3.0
drive without a USB 3.0 hub and that support isn't added until 2.6.39 .
So for me now, it's have USB 3.0 Hub support for nVidia OpenGL (and dual
display) support..

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  package nvidia-current 195.36.24-0ubuntu1~10.04 failed to
  install/upgrade: nvidia-current kernel module failed to build
  (nv.c:417: error: unknown field ‘ioctl’ specified in initializer)