Fixed in Mesa 7.12.

[00:29:37] <Sarvatt> ScottK: definitely, I did look at your bug but I'm
a bit stumped at it. the kwin backtrace was because DRI got ripped out
from under it when the GPU reset and disabled acceleration which mesa
couldn't cope with (that specific kwin segfault is fixed in mesa 7.12
but was a bit too big to backport when i looked)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu P-series)

  Intel Sandybridge crash that takes Kwin with it