Indeed, this may be a duplicate of Bug #555641, but it is not a
duplicate of Bug #824099, so I am removing the duplicate status (from
both, because Bug #555641 is itself marked as a duplicate of Bug
#824099). There are no thick slanted lines. I do not think Bug #555641
is really a duplicate of Bug #824099.

  [i915gm] [i915] 23" external Dell VGA monitor at full resolution not
  possible with Desktop Effects enabled