i was just thinking... if the resume fails when Desktop Effects are
enabled on suspend, wouldn't it be possible, as a workaround until a
proper fix is released, to execute a script that disables desktop
effects immediately before suspension, and re-enables them immediately
after resume?

i'll see if i can accomplish this. any help would be extremely
appreciated, as my bash scripting experience is very limited. If I have
any success, i'll post the workaround here.

--
[HD 2600/HD 3670/HD 4650/ Others?] fglrx + Kwin with OpenGL desktop effects =
failed resume