Mine seems working fine.But I'm not sure since I use trackpoint&touchpad most
of the time and never paid attention to functions of the middle button. Here's
codes in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-evdev-quirks.conf
[code]
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Avago Technologies mouse quirks (LP: #746639)"
        MatchIsPointer "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        MatchUSBID "192f:0416"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "True"
        Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier      "Benq m310"
        MatchProduct    "HID 0d62:1000"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "IgnoreAbsoluteAxes"    "true"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"

        Identifier  "Marble Mouse"

        MatchProduct "Logitech USB Trackball"

        MatchIsPointer "on"

        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

        Driver "evdev"

        Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"

        Option "EmulateWheel" "true"

        Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"

        Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

        Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"

        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"

EndSection
[/code]

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Emulate3Buttons option does not work anymore to enable emulation of a
  middle button