I can confirm the same problem as described by Simon Wedge in post #7.
Using 10.04 Netbook Remix on a Samsung NC10.  After updating yesterday,
I was presented on reboot with a plain desktop background and no netbook
interface.  I can make the computer usable only by 1) pressing alt-f1 in
netbook mode, or 2) logging out and logging back in under a GNOME
session.

  After upgrading Xserver video does not work properly