** Attachment added: "xset.png"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881725/+attachment/2572711/+files/xset.png

** Description changed:

- I'm doing a "do-release-upgrade" on a remote pc via ssh. This remote pc is an
old laptop, which display broke and were dismounted.
+ I'm doing a "do-release-upgrade" on a remote pc via ssh. This remote pc is an
old laptop, which display broke and was dismounted.
  Prior to this "do-release-upgrade", ubuntu natty i386 was running on it.

- After downloading the packages, the message
+ After downloading the packages, the message
  xset:  unable to open display ""
  keeps repeating on the terminal output, while preparing the packages, see
attachement (which is only an example of many other occurences of this message)

  I know it's barely a nuisance (as the update seems to work either way),
  I just wanted to let You know.

  Thanks for Your work!

  Greets,

  Tiefflieger

** Description changed:

  I'm doing a "do-release-upgrade" on a remote pc via ssh. This remote pc is an
old laptop, which display broke and was dismounted.
  Prior to this "do-release-upgrade", ubuntu natty i386 was running on it.

  After downloading the packages, the message
  xset:  unable to open display ""
- keeps repeating on the terminal output, while preparing the packages, see
attachement (which is only an example of many other occurences of this message)
+ keeps repeating on the terminal output, while preparing the packages, see
attachement (which is only an example of many other occurrences of this message)

  I know it's barely a nuisance (as the update seems to work either way),
  I just wanted to let You know.

  Thanks for Your work!

  Greets,

  Tiefflieger

  "xset:  unable to open display" while do-release-upgrade via ssh