Not Jeff.Frank Jones and same problem gpu hang up.It freezes up randomly
and it doesnt matter what you are doing. Mine is freezing up multiple
times a day.before it hangs the video Distorts or goes black.after it
freezes you can go back to what you are doing but when you scroll down a
page it does it with a wave effect.To clear it up you have to restart
the comp.Never had this until i dowloaded 11.10 off of  updates.

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 23:01 +0000, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Have you seen more of these freezes or just this one?  Have you seen it
> since the release?  How frequently does it occur?  (Daily/Weekly/etc.)
>
> Can you tell me what you were doing prior to the freeze (like, resume
> from suspend, using a 3D application, or whatever)?  If you see these
> freezes often, does it always freeze on the same activity or is it
> seemingly random?
>
> ** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  [sandybridge-m-gt2+] GPU lockup  render.IPEHR: 0x7b001804