I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the same bug or a different one. I'm
using Lucid. I have the GM45 chipset.

I first noticed bad performance in a game after an upgrade. I've since
tried a lot of different kernel versions with these results:

2.6.32-36-generic -- fine
2.6.32-37-generic -- fine
2.6.35-30-generic -- fine
2.6.35-32-generic -- fine
2.6.38-8-generic -- slow
2.6.38-10-generic -- slow
2.6.38-13-generic -- slow
2.6.39-2-generic -- slow
2.6.39-3-generic -- slow
3.0.0-14-generic -- slow

I'm not changing anything else when I test, just rebooting loading a
different kernel, then running glxgears.

I'm willing to provide whatever info is needed -- just say what.

  [i965] low intel graphics performance - again