This is happening to me also.  I use Kubuntu, KDE, and KDM, not Compiz
or GDM.  This did not ever, ever happen with Natty.  This is a horrible
bug.  Whenever I wake up the laptop I have to kill X and log in again!
The cursor is gone (and doesn't seem to work at all, even if I shove it
into the corner as if it were just invisible).  The keyboard also
doesn't work right when this happens.  I can use some keys but not
others.  It makes no sense.

  After resume from suspend, cursor disappears and keyboard doesn't work
  right