Based on the last comment, and the original reporter's comment #16 it
sounds like this might now be worked around in the distro.  Can someone
confirm the original reported problem (failure to boot) is resolved?

Comment #17 suggests there may be secondary problems (which may or may
not be a consequence of the fix), so I'll leave the bug open for now.
It would be helpful if someone can pin down what those issues are and if
they are indeed a result of disabling IOMMU.

Even though this issue sounds like it's been worked around in the
kernel, I'd like to see this escalated to nvidia.  Alberto, can you
mention it to them in the next call?

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 3.2 kernels vs. nvidia-current vs GTX 560 (Mainline works)