Hey Bryse,

Has a poke about in the BIOS, nothing really jumped out at me. There was
some XP specific options relating to shared video memory which are set
to auto and some legacy kb and mouse options which I have disabled (they
were enabled).

Not doing anything taxing on the machine at all. I don't know if this
will work for you but on my lappy if I slowly draw my finger around the
trackpad in a circular motion then I will repeatedly get the stutter
(1/4 of a second) then the motion in the pointer resumes.

Video seems fine now too, I do daily updates.

The only way you could possible track this down is to have some sort of
system monitor that worked over a period of time say 15 seconds.

  [gm45] Ubuntu sometimes stutters in that the mouse will briefly stop
  moving, sometimes the screen will lock up completely.