In Ubuntu Oneiric 11.10, I am seeing 100% CPU usage for Xorg right after
login.  stracing the Xorg process shows this repeatedly:

ioctl(10, TCFLSH, 0x2)                  = -1 EIO (Input/output error)
read(13, 0x27bd7e0, 3456)               = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily
unavailable)

fd=10 is /dev/tty7 and fd=13 is /dev/ati/card0

On the outset, this bug looks similar to #439138, but unlike that bug, I
am unable to track down which startup service could have caused tty7 to
be stolen from X.

$ grep ^console /etc/init/*
/etc/init/failsafe.conf:console output
/etc/init/friendly-recovery.conf:console owner
/etc/init/mountall.conf:console output
/etc/init/mountall-shell.conf:console owner
/etc/init/oem-config.conf:console output
/etc/init/oem-config-debconf.conf:console output
/etc/init/plymouth-upstart-bridge.conf:console output
/etc/init/rc.conf:console output
/etc/init/rcS.conf:console owner
/etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf:console output
/etc/init/ufw.conf:console output

Logging out and logging in again fixes this problem.  I'll be happy to
provide further information

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--