I have an Acer Travelmate 5735Z running Ubuntu 10.10 on it. Works fine.
The support period for Ubuntu 10.10 will end in April 2012 (so very
soon). Obviously this bug is not fixed yet. Because this bug is open for
so long, I don't believe, that this bug will be fixed in the next weeks.

So what shall I do in April 2012??? I will not upgrade Ubuntu unless
there is only a workaround for this problem (see #8). It's a terrible
situation. (Btw: The LTS version 10.04 is not an option to me, because
it doesn't work with my UMTS-stick)

I bought this Notebook, because all information said, that an intel
graphic chip works best with Linux. OK, the intel graphic chip is not
repsonsible for this bug, but I see the time running and nothing
happens.

What shall we users do, to "motivate" persons, to fix this bug???

  [g45] Black screen on boot acer travelmate 5735Z, intel gma 4500mh