Chris Halse Rogers had a look into this and he came to the conclusion
that adding a VT_WAITACTIVE after the VT_ACTIVATE ioctl may help the
situation.  It looks like there is a race condition somewhere between
LightDM, the kernel, ConsoleKit and X and adding the VT_WAITACTIVE
either solves this (or hides it).  Sebastian Bacher tried this patch and
it seemed to improve the situation for him, I've been running with that
patch today and it seems good too.  So I've made that change to master.

** Changed in: lightdm

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: lightdm
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Robert Ancell (robert-ancell)

  Logging out from a FUS session does not reliably return to VT7