Public bug reported:

I have a Medion notebook computer running windows 7 home premium. I've been
trying for ages to use the live cd to have a look at Ubuntu 11.10, but the boot
process spits out heaps of lines, most of which I cannot see and eventually
goes into a loop indicating that it's killing something and I have to
CTR-ALT-DEL to get out of it.
I have tried the cd in another computer and it works OK, so the cd is fine.
I've tried using wubi to install 11.10 but that doesn't work either but does
get a bit further.
I can't provide the items you require because it never gets to the point where
it has loaded properly.
I suspect it's got something to do with Optimus technology and the nVidia
GeForce GT 555M graphics card, but again I'm in the dark because I cannot do
any investigation.
I'm completely in the dark.
I've notice some claims on the web that somw folk have managed to get it to
work, but again all the solutions are phrased in terms of a working Ubuntu
system that I do not have.
Help please ... it's driving me crazy.
Thanks
Allen

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  cannot get live cd 11.10 to work on medion notebook