This bug was fixed in the package fglrx-installer - 2:8.723.1-0ubuntu6

---------------
fglrx-installer (2:8.723.1-0ubuntu6) lucid-proposed; urgency=low

  * debian/fglrx.postrm:
    - Do not remove diversions. Those diversions were likely installed by older
      releases of the driver (since we don't use diversions any more). Any
      diversion should be removed in fglrx.preinst, as it's exactly where we
      remove all other diversions (LP: #566437).
  * debian/fglrx.prerm:
    - Call dpkg-trigger with --by-package=$PACKAGE_NAME.
 -- Alberto Milone <alberto.mil...@canonical.com>   Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:01:17
+0100

** Changed in: fglrx-installer (Ubuntu Lucid)

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  package fglrx 2:8.723.1-0ubuntu2 failed to REMOVE: error exit status 2
  - dpkg-divert: mismatch on package - while removing the package