Canonical Kernel Team
Archive for June, 2011
Brad Figg
Kernel Team Meeting Minutes

We’ve almost resolved all the issues from the v3.0 fallout. We’re just
wrestling with module-init-tools to get depmod sorted out. We’ve rebased
to v3.0-rc2 and pushed to master-next. With v3.0-rc2, there’s an issue
on boot (black screen of death) when the i915 driver is loaded. This can
be worked around using i915.modeset=0 at the moment. There’s also
reported boot issues on some system’s with atom processors on at least
v3.0-rc1. So, I’m a bit hesitant to upload at the moment knowing we’ll
break some common hardware use cases.

  emachine e725 boots to black screen