I repeated testing using kernel 3.3.0 RC4, and results are similar:

nvapeek (before):
0000e100: 001c1100
0000e28c: 00000100
0000e104: 72267640 0441474b
0000e280: 44444747 00000000

After:
0000e100: 001c1100
0000e28c: 00000100
0000e104: 72267240 0441474b
0000e280: 44444747 00000000

Compared to the previous version, the only change is that 0x1000 was
added to 0xe104 (and 0x400 is still unset on resume). And, of course,
brightness controls ceased to response after resuming.

PS: What still worries me is that after resuming nvagetbios still fails,
that is a definite vbios bug/corruption somewhere, isn't it...

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  nouveau: dark screen after suspend/resume