Diego and czajkowski,

So far I've been unable to reproduce this bug on Intel.  However, this
may well be one of the infamous HiZ bugs in mesa 8.0, which are believed
should be solved with a patch included in 8.0.1:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/patch/?id=e1f9820b47e3f124c49cd2ab4e09328e0cc3e638

Since it sounds like you guys are able to reproduce this relatively
easily, would you mind doing a test?  I've verified we include this
patch in current xorg-edgers, so can you install that PPA and verify
that the problems go away?

https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in intel_miptree_release()