Interesting, a lot of the comments seem to indicate that at least a
large chunk of people on this bug are actually seeing bug #715242 in
tvtime.

For the remainder, it's hard to guess whether they're using tvtime or
what's going on.

Fwiw, we no longer use the xserver-xorg-input-keyboard driver in Ubuntu,
instead we use xserver-xorg-input-evdev for keyboards.

So, if you are NOT using tvtime and still seeing shift key getting
stuck, please file a NEW bug report, and file it via 'ubuntu-bug xorg'.

I will dupe this to #715242

   TVTime generates unwanted L_Shift key press events

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  shift key get stuck randomly