I got Compiz installed on my TOSHIBA Satellite C660D. xserver-xorg-video-ati
crashes when I turn on these effects in Compiz:
move, animation, grid, vpswitch, workarounds, resize, place, wall, session,
wobbly, fade, scale, expo.

When I have these effect turned on the left-mouse-click won't work.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Nothing works after a while after I have logged on except for the left
  mouse