Public bug reported:

I'm running Firefox 10.0.2 on my 64-bit 4-core AMD system, with
Thunderbird too.  In both Mozilla products, I'm having these problems:

1)  mouse scrolling is rough and uneven, very choppy.

2)  Menus appear in top bar when I hover there, as expected.  But when I
click on one, it doesn't drop down, or hesitates, or takes several
clicks, then may fade in and out.

I also have a Windows hard drive in this same machine.

I run the same Firefox and Thunderbird in that environment, and do not
have these problems.

What to do?

Thanks!

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)