I'm seeing what looks like the same problem on a fully updated 12.04
Lenovo T410 system with nvidia graphics. Note however, that the I see
this screen corruption:

- briefly on every boot after the Ubuntu plymouth splash has disappeared, but
just before the lightdm greeter appears.
- on every boot after having logged in via the lightdm greeter but before Unity
has started.

Once I've entered my gpg+ssh credentials, the screen is refreshed and
all returns to normal. Details:

$ lspci|grep -i "vga.*nvidia"
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M] (rev a2)
$ dpkg -l|grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-common                          1:0.2.39
        Find obsolete NVIDIA drivers
ii  nvidia-current                         295.20-0ubuntu1
        NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, kernel module and VDPAU library
ii  nvidia-settings                        295.20-0ubuntu1
        Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver

Note that this is with kernel 3.2.0-16.25 (3.2.0-16-generic-pae) due to
problems with the -17 kernel.

** Attachment added: "screen-corruption.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/849656/+attachment/2796702/+files/screen-corruption.jpg

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Screen corruption on resume from suspend