@Jamie,

> Also, unfortunately unity-2d does not run with with cirrus driver under
> 11.04, so
> the security and SRU teams are unable to properly test updates in GUI
> applications
> under unity when using the current 12.04 qemu-kvm

Note that I can run unity-2d and unity-3d using spice, i.e.

kvm-spice -enable-kvm -drive
file=victim.img,cache=none,if=virtio,index=0 -m 1024 -net
nic,model=virtio -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no -spice
port=5930,disable-ticketing

followed by

spicy -h localhost -p 5930

That should hopefully at least be a usable workaround.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-vmware in Ubuntu.

  qemu-kvm dies when using vmvga driver and unity in the guest