Most times I try to resume from hibernate (S4), the computer completely
locks up a few seconds after it resumes from hibernate. Specifically
when this happens, I usually see the login screen where I can resume my
existing session. The mouse works for the first few seconds, and I can
even begin to type my password. But within seconds, the computer
entirely locks up, specifically it no longer reacts to any mouse or
keyboard input, including Alt+SysRq+REISUB.

I suspect the ATi graphics and the Broadcom wifi chips are part of the
problem, as I believe the AMD C-60 hybrid APU is still unsupported in
Linux, and Broadcom wifi in Linux is notoriously unstable. The timing of
the lockup appears consistent with how long it might take the wifi card
to (try to) reestablish wifi connectivity.

None that resuming from sleep (S3) usually works fine on my system.

Final remarks: I am a highly technical user and can provide additional
information upon request if developers want to know something not
automatically collected by Apport. Also, I believe all users of my
laptop (and similar models too) are afflicted similarly based on
threads/discussions on how to try to get everything working properly.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: xorg 1:7.6+7ubuntu7.1
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-16-generic x86_64
.tmp.unity.support.test.0:

ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
Architecture: amd64
CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,decor,imgpng,regex,place,move,snap,compiztoolbox,grid,resize,gnomecompat,unitymtgrabhandles,mousepoll,session,animation,vpswitch,wall,expo,workarounds,ezoom,fade,scale,unityshell]
CompositorRunning: None