After installing kubuntu-desktop on a fresh installed 32Bit Ubuntu
(Precise Beta) my system takes longer than usual to start. It actually
takes longer than Windows on my other machine which is unusual since
10.04.

I have a Samsung R560 with installed Nvidia Drivers from the Precise
Repositorys that were recommended by the Ubuntu System.
I'd be glad if anyone can tell me what I need to do to provide more trace
information about the boottime issue.

The System seems to run normal but the long boot sequence is quite annoying.
After installing KDE I set the Plymouth Bootscreen back to normal with the
"update-alternatives" to have the standard Ubuntu Boot Screen and I'm still
using Lightdm as Display Manager.

The only manual modification i did was to change the boottime resolution
according to this german howto:

http://linuxundich.de/de/ubuntu/plymouth-boot-nvidia-virtualbox/

Which worked very good. I now have my native resolution of 1280x800 with
running nvidia driver. I just mention this if this may have caused the
longer boot time.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
long boot time after installing additional Desktops
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/950851