Public bug reported:

I need to build certain X11 software for an i386 target on my amd64 box.
The following packages do not support multi-arch installation:

libice-dev libsm-dev libxext-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev
libxt-dev

However, a quick check after installing the i386 versions in a virtual
machine and doing a diff against the host files showed that the only
differences between the files in the i386 and amd64 versions are in html
files, so presumably it is safe to allow a multi-arch install for them.
I hope those were the only ones I am missing!

** Affects: libxt (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to libxt in Ubuntu.

  X11 development packages not multiarch in 12.04