Hello Fabio,

Ok thanks. I hope you are correct, but I suspect it may be more than one
package involved. Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge to know
if it is xorg, nvidia, compiz, unity or any other related packages.

Regards

John.

On 13/03/12 14:36, Fabio Marconi wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
> Ubuntu better. This bug did not have a package associated with it, which
> is important for ensuring that it gets looked at by the proper
> developers. You can learn more about finding the right package at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage . I have classified this
> bug as a bug in nvidia-graphics-drivers.
>
> When reporting bugs in the future please use apport by using 'ubuntu-
> bug' and the name of the package affected. You can learn more about this
> functionality at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs.
>
> ** Package changed: ubuntu =>  nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

Scanned by Google Postini - Managed email security from Google Apps

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  corrupt boot splash and terminal console with nvidia driver