>>> To eliminate one hypothesis, I followed the instructions from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-
openchrome/+bug/760743/comments/11 . However, nothing happened. This is
what i did:

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake1.9 libtool git
xutils xutils-dev subversion checkinstall

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

$ mkdir compilations

$ cd compilatons/

$ svn checkout http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk openchrome

$ cd openchrome/

$ svn update -r920

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-xv-debug

$ make

$ sudo checkinstall -D

>>> At this point I received this message:

        **** Debian package creation selected ***

        *** Warning: The package version "0.2.904
        0.2.904
        0.2.904
        0.2.904" is not a
        *** Warning: debian policy compliant one. Please specify an alternate
one

>>> So, I typed:

        0.2.904

>>> In the end, I received this message, saying that installation was
ok:

         Done. The new package has been installed and saved to

/home/flaviano/compilations/openchrome/openchrome_0.2.904-1_i386.deb

         You can remove it from your system anytime using:

              dpkg -r openchrome

>>> Next, I edited xorg.conf:

$ sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

        Section "Device"
                Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
                Driver          "openchrome"
        EndSection

>>> So, I restarted my notebook, but I got another freeze when I tryed
to play a video. The least bad workaround was disable "dri" in
xorg.conf, like this:

$ sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

        Section "Device"
                Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
                Driver          "openchrome"
        EndSection

        Section "Module"
                Disable    "dri"
        EndSection

>>> But I got a very poor performance. Now, there is no freeze and I can
watch videos, but many of them are showed without audio synchrony. I
installed Ubuntu Lucid in dual-boot and I have the same problems. In Bug
#760743, the bug affects Ubuntu 11.04 and after and playing videos
doesn't freeze ubuntu, but only make it restart. I don't know why, but
Update r920 from openchrome trunk didn't help my problem too.

>>> If disabling "dri" freezes stops, maybe my problem is mesa drivers
and not openchrome drivers. Any suggestion?

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in Ubuntu.

  Xorg freezes when a player plays a video