The problem still reproduces in Ubuntu 12.04..I have an Nvidia 9600M and I have
installed the nvidia-current-updates driver, which is in version
295.20-0ubuntu1. The problem was still present in Ubuntu 11.10, but not in the
previous versions of Ubuntu..
on logout, restart and shutdown the screen goes pink and stuck and you can only
press hold the shutdown button..
and it is an annoying problem not being able to logout or to restart..I hope
you can help me..

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-180 in Ubuntu.

  when shutting down screen goes white then pink without cutting power
  after installation of nvidia proprietary driver 180