Hello Christopher,

Yes, I am still experiencing this problem.  In fact I carry a mouse
everywhere, so I would LOVE to see this fixed.  I've run apport, but it
is very unstable.  It failed several times until it succeeded, and it
seems that it didn't succeed in uploading everything the first time, so
I appologize for the repeated attachments.

I've also done everything in the link you posted, and will attach the
output shortly.

Thanks for your help!

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Synaptics 7.5 Touchpad doesn't work on Ubuntu 11.04 with HP dv4-3011