The above looks just like what's in #934445, as apport decided.  And Bug
#945477 is a crash at the same place.   That one kept happening, after a
fix was uploaded for the first, and it looks like that's the position my
tablet is in now, after those have been fixed.  Mine certainly seems
similar to the device in #945477.  'CTH-460' vs. 'CTH-460-DE'.  Just a
North American vs. European variant?  Is some device id number
difference enough to cause this; is my tablet not on a list of known
devices, in the code?

If I can get time to understand the patches that fixed those devices,
maybe I can answer that.  Excuse me if I'm missing something, now.

which is subscribed to libwacom in Ubuntu.

  [gsdwacom]: gnome-settings-daemon crashed with SIGABRT in raise() when
  Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch (CTH-460) is plugged in