I think I found the problem.

While figuring out what's happening with "Disable touch while typing"
with syndaemon, I tried running it manually "syndaemon -i 3 -k -t -R"
and it started working much better!

So, I looked at what the default command was for syndaemon from a fresh
boot, and found it to be "syndaemon -i 0.5 -K -R". That specified
disable duration to be 0.5 sec, which is waaay too small.

MacBook pro has this little disadvantage of having a huge trackpad,
which means part of it on the right-side is partly touching the palm
most of the time when touching - and any "relaxation" during typing will
often trigger touch-clicks.

syndaemon's 2 sec default seems to be better tuned, *but* apparently
this value was overridden with a hardcoded (nice!) value of 0.5 in
gnome-settings-daemon, which launches this daemon. Hence, I can't change
it just like that.

However, it looks like g-s-d realized the mistake and was changed to
"2.0 sec" (still hardcoded, it would be much better to have it set as a
dconf key): http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-
daemon/tree/plugins/mouse/gsd-mouse-manager.c#n528

The patch was done in 2010 http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-
daemon/commit/plugins/mouse/gsd-mouse-
manager.c?id=3de30a7a14db5c3cdd88ead2e51a7f24cb071377;

But the question is why is it still 0.5 in my 12.10 presice
installation. I have no idea and I am still trying to figure it out. The
g-s-d version I have installed is 3.3.92, which seems to be fairly
recent.

Note, increasing the timeout to 2 sec isn't going to solve it
completely, but will reduce the instances to much lower number and
hopefully much less annoying.

Will further comment once I figure out why it's stuck at 0.5 sec for me.
If anyone running precise can do "ps aux | grep syndaemon" and let me
know his value, I will be grateful.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Touchpad in macbook pro gets clicked all the time randomly when typing