Thanks for filing this.  I see apport correctly captured your
i915_error_state, however the error codes are all 0'd out, so I don't
think it's revealing what went wrong.  However, your dmesg certainly
shows the error, it's got several call traces printed.

The good news is you're able to reproduce the failure fairly reliably.
If Intel can also reproduce it, I think they'll have good luck at
figuring it out.  So, a few questions to help ensure they can; the more
of these you can answer, the quicker we'll be able to get to the bottom
of this:

1.  You said you just installed 12.04 today; had you a previous version
of ubuntu on the same machine prior to this?  If so, was sync working
properly then?

2.  What was running on the computer you were syncing from?  (11.10?)
Can you tell more about that other system?

3.  You mentioned it happened a couple more times.  In all these cases,
were you doing the same action?  E.g. was it always during a sync
attempt?

4.  Please outline exactly the steps you took to reproduce the failure.
Assume the reader doesn't know software center.

5.  When the system is frozen, can you ssh into it from another machine
(e.g. through an ethernet cable)?  If so, try to manually collect the
i915_errors_file.  It will be at
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_error_state file.  What we hope to see is a
non-zero value for EIR, PGTBL_ER, or one of the IPEHR's.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  [sandybridge-gt1] GPU lockup while using 'Sync Between Computers'