Public bug reported:

Hi Ubuntu Team,

I've tried to test the 12.04 beta2 64bit
(http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu-
cdimage//precise/ubuntu-12.04-beta2-desktop-amd64.iso)  on my HP 8560w
laptop equipped with NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphic card.

The boot menu is displayed properly, but afterwards (regardless whether
"install" or only "testing" is selceted) there's nothing displayed on the
screen during the whole boot sequence or afterwards.
This means I do not have access to the system at all, so cannot collect any
logs.

I've tried to manually set different "vga" boot options, like 800x600,
1024x768 or even 1920x1080, in the "best case" I got some garbage
presented on the screen instead of the blank screen.

Please look into this issue, since I'm using the old 10.4 LTS release I was
pretty much looking forward for the new LTS.
I can collect you further information if you provide me with the corresponding
instructions.

Best Regards,
Tamas

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-nv (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nv in Ubuntu.

  12.04 beta2 - nothing displayed on NVIDIA Quadro 1000M