apport information

** Tags added: apport-collected compiz-0.9 precise ubuntu

** Description changed:

  My PC is a AMD 6000+ 2-Processor-System. It has 4GB RAM and is a 32 bit
  system.

  After the Installation of Ubuntu 11.04 the PC did start ubuntu
  correctly, from time to time. But after 0-2 correct startups, after
  Installation (I tried it servall times), it did not start any further.

  When Ubuntu did not start I get that the Screen is "split". Iam not sure
  how I should describe it right in English. Well if you would split the
  Monitor, in your mind, in three Parts the Part that should be on the
  Right side is on the left side of the screen.

  And even the Mouse is working like this. When I go to there where my
  Monitor ends in real (with the cursor) one the right than it "jumps" and
  the cursor is on the left side.

  Normally when something like this happens (on other Pcs)  I simply turn
  of the Monitor and turn it on again and than anything is normal. But
  when this splittet monitor begins it comes again every time I start
  Ubuntu. And turning the Monitor off and on did not make any difference.

  The First time with "Splitscreen" ubuntu starts more ore less normall
  but after that I only came to the Window where "ubuntu" is written with
  the flashing dots around it. But the System did not start any further.
  To say it otherwithe the Login-Area where you could insert username and
  password did not apear because the system stands still before this
  Window is ready.

  Even after more than 10-15 Minutes waiting nothing happens.

  I tried the same thing today with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta but the Problem is
  still existing. After the first start after installation (the start
  after it  is said "take the CD out") the Splitt Screen did apear too. It
  was only a little bit later so I was able to enter my Password but after
  that nothing happens. I was still able to move the mouse cursor but that
  was all. I was not able to change the Passwort or to do anything other.
  After aproximatly 5 minutes waiting i Turned the Pc off. The Monitor is
  "Splitted"all the time.

  I Hope you could fix that problem before Ubuntu 12.04 is released.

  If you have any further questions please contact me.

  Oh I Forgot. I dont belive that it is a Hardware-Problem becouse Windows
  XP is running on the same PC.

  Best wishes
+ ---
+ .tmp.unity.support.test.0:
+
+ ApportVersion: 1.95-0ubuntu1
+ Architecture: i386
+ CasperVersion: 1.312
+ CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]
+ CompositorRunning: compiz
+ DistUpgraded: Fresh install
+ DistroCodename: precise
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
+ DistroVariant: ubuntu
+ ExtraDebuggingInterest: Yes, if not too technical
+ LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120328)
+ MachineType: To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: i386
+ ProcEnviron:
+  TERM=xterm
+  LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcKernelCmdLine: file=/cdrom/preseed/hostname.seed boot=casper
initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash -- maybe-ubiquity
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-20.33-generic-pae 3.2.12
+ Tags:  precise ubuntu compiz-0.9
+ Uname: Linux 3.2.0-20-generic-pae i686
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
+ dmi.bios.date: 05/04/2007
+ dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
+ dmi.bios.version: P2.20
+ dmi.board.name: AM2NF6G-VSTA
+ dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.chassis.type: 3
+ dmi.chassis.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrP2.20:bd05/04/2007:svnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:pnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:pvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:rvn:rnAM2NF6G-VSTA:rvr:cvnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
+ dmi.product.name: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.product.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.sys.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.7.2-0ubuntu4
+ version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.32-1ubuntu1
+ version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 8.0.2-0ubuntu2
+ version.libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental: libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental N/A
+ version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 8.0.2-0ubuntu2
+ version.xserver-xorg-core: xserver-xorg-core 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu7
+ version.xserver-xorg-input-evdev: xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1
+ version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati
1:6.14.99~git20111219.aacbd629-0ubuntu2
+ version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.17.0-1ubuntu4
+ version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
1:0.0.16+git20111201+b5534a1-1build2

** Attachment added: "BootDmesg.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/980076/+attachment/3057489/+files/BootDmesg.txt

  ubuntu did not start and shows a Screen where one third is one the
  "wrong side"