Thanks. That version solves the described problems.

while touching around it works quite nicely now (even though i still had
something hang again, but wasn't able to reproduce it).
But this jupiter6 version has a new problem i noticed compared to the current
precise version:

i cannot move around in the menu anymore using touch. (trying to explain
...)

Example: on the login screen (but happens everywhere it seems) i want to
enable the screen keyboard.

i touch the icon, then touch the now open menu and leave my finger on
it, because i know i do not always hit it exactly (more precisely i
mostly hit the increase contrast thingy) so i leave my finger on it and
move towards the menu item i desire and do not lift the finger away from
the touchscreen until i see the correct item highlighted.

with the version from your ppa this does not work. there it directly
starts whatever i hit, no matter if the finger is still on the screen or
not. This works with the version currently in precise.

  unity 3d touch stops registering clicks