Hi

Still having the problem with the 295.40-0ubuntu1 driver under Kubuntu - KDE
gets a framerate of around 0,2 fps - so completely unusable. Without
compositing or Xrender compositing its usable but not really fast.
glxgears give around 5 fps with the last settings - for my card (6150SE/nforce
430) that should be around at least 1000 fps.
With nouveau glxgears gives around 700 fps but KDE is still laggy when using
OpenGL compositing.
Hm just read the comment #40 - I know I have also set 256 MB shared memory in
BIOS - will now try it with 128 MB.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [7100] Poor performance ubuntu 12.04 on nvidia geforce 7100 / nforce
  630i [10de:07e1]