This patch fixes the problem for me, although I suspect that it probably
re-breaks CVE-2012-0946.  Hard to tell with a closed source project. :(

Anyway, I slipped in a printk to print the offending offset and size.
On a GeForce 7300GT (~2006 iMac) it looks like something in the driver
is trying to map 0x1000 0x1000 (which is explicitly checked by the
IS_BLACKLISTED_REG_OFFSET macro).  I have no idea what registers are in
there, but for that system the ability to create the memory mapping is
crucial to restarting graphics during resume.

I wonder if this will fix the other people who can't even get Unity3d
started, but that's pure speculation.

** CVE added: http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-
bin/cvename.cgi?name=2012-0946

** Patch added: "revert-295.40-security-fix.patch"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/983323/+attachment/3081741/+files/revert-295.40-security-fix.patch

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [regression] Corrupted screen and sluggish performance after suspend
  with 295.40 drivers