When I boot the Ubuntu live CD on my tower computer, my monitor displays
the following message:

"The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.
Please change your input timing to 2560x1600@60Hz  or any other monitor
listed timing as per the monitor specifications."

The video card is a "ZOTAC ZONE GeForce GT 520 [ZT-50602-20L]".
The monitor is a Dell U3011.
They are connected using DVI-D.
This was reproduced using the 12.04 daily build from April 16, 2012.

I tried booting with various "vga=" modes (from the
"VESA_BIOS_Extensions" page on Wikipedia) but they all result in the
same error.

If I connect a 24" Dell flatscreen (using DVI-D) and reboot the live CD,
Ubuntu comes up in a working video mode.

Once Ubuntu is installed I can reconnect the 30" monitor and it works
fine in 2560x1600.

** Affects: libdrm (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Ubuntu 12.04 live CD boots into an invalid video mode (nVidia GT 520, DVI-D,
Dell U3011)