Hi Everyone,

My GPU is also falling off the bus ... The funny thing about this
message is that the first time i got it, i opened the case to check that
the card was still correctly inserted in the bus ;-)  Very disturbing
issue anyway :-/ and I also started to get it around october/november
last year.

I also have the feeling that streaming videos, like youtube in chrome, are
kinda triggering this issue.
I also was in a multimonitor configuration, but since a few days I disconnected
the second one but just got a black screen.

On a forum I've found a proposed solution for this issue was to use the
command "nvidia-smi -pm 1" to enable the persistent mode. I had a few
days of peace and just now got it again.

Also tried to disable DPMS as a desperate measure, but did not help.

I also still have a few options about TwinView and metamodes in my xorg.conf
which I may comment out if the GPU still fail.
For now I've just disabled Vsync in CCSM and I am waiting to see if it
reappears...

About intensive openGl app, I only play Minecraft and I can play for
hours normally. But friday I could not play 2 mins without crashing and
i had just booted the pc. I will keep an eye on temperatures tho

Anyway as you can see in my log below, my pc was booted only since
800secs when happened, had a youtube video going and minecraft was at
the mojang logo screen..nothing in the logs and suddenly the gpu is
gone!

-------------------------------
Apr 18 18:39:21 dubu rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.6"
x-pid="1000" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed
Apr 18 18:39:46 dubu anacron[1294]: Job `cron.daily' terminated
Apr 18 18:39:46 dubu anacron[1294]: Normal exit (1 job run)
Apr 18 18:42:38 dubu kernel: [  837.113335] NVRM: GPU at 0000:01:00.0 has
fallen off the bus.
Apr 18 18:42:38 dubu kernel: [  837.113386] NVRM: GPU at 0000:01:00.0 has
fallen off the bus.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Monitor(s) black out and session freezes.  "NVRM: GPU at 0000:01:00.0
  has fallen off the bus."