Would also like to confirm that Chris Bagwell's patch works for me. I'm
using 1.11.4 from Debian Sid and the patch didn't apply cleanly
(whitespace issue and started at 297 instead of 282), but after I fixed
that it works like a charm. Been missing this feature for a while :)
Thanks Crhis!

  Panning in a virtual monitor is not possible after upgrade to Ubuntu
  11.10